Alberta Music Advocacy Alliance is seeking a volunteer Social Media Coordinator!
The Alberta Music Advocacy Alliance comprises a dozen provincial music organizations that have provided many years of leadership and support to music education and community-based music making across Alberta. We believe that combining the strengths of our member groups allows us to unify our message about the important role that music plays in people’s lives. In consultation with the AMAA, the Social Media Coordinator would play a key role in delivering this message through our social media platforms.
• Develop social media content in consultation with AMAA representatives.
• Regularly post to AMAA’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, other) to effectively promote AMAA events and messaging.
• Monitor social media accounts.
• Attend AMAA meetings on a periodic basis.
• Actively engage with stakeholder groups through their social media presence.
Attributes + Skills
• Strong written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Functional knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, and other social media platforms
• Experience with video editing
• A passion for music and a recognition of the importance of music education
This would be an ideal position for tech and social media savvy individuals interested in becoming involved in the provincial music community. Please note that this is a volunteer position. Team applications of up to 3 individuals may be considered.
Letters of interest outlining relevant skills and experience can be sent to:
Alberta Music Advocacy Alliance